So You Need a New Pad?
So you are thinking of a making a move and are starting to collect information on how to get started. You have come to the right place. Whatever your need to make a move is, the process is generally the same. Below is a checklist that will help make your decision to move as stress free as possible. Our goal has always been to give our clients all of the information on the process up front so that you are not surprised by the unknown. Following these steps will keep you on track to have a fantastic experience moving to your next home and we would be very happy to work with you to assure that it all goes smoothly.
1. Find out what your home is worth in the current market.
2. Find out what your mortgage penalty is or if you can port the mortgage to another property.
3. Find out how much equity you have in your home minus any mortgage penalties, legal and selling fees.
4. Work with your Mortgage Broker or bank on getting pre-approved for a new mortgage or a port.
5. Verify that you have a minimum of 5% liquid cash of the cost of your next home available to put down as a deposit.
6. Once you have your budget established you can look to see if there are any properties that fit within your budget that will suit your needs.
7. Once you have identified a few prospects you should go and have a look at them to see if your budget is in line with your expectations for what you are looking for. If the homes you are looking for are suitable it is time to put the plan into action.
8. Decide if you would like to sell your home before you buy or buy your next home before you sell your current home. There are pros and cons to each option so make sure you know them all before jumping in.
We would be happy to get together to discuss your real estate goals so feel free to give us a call 604-653-8592 or click on the link to fill out our Market Evaluation Request Form.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know a bit of what we are all about. We look forward to making your next move easy.
Bret and Dana